Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 28, 2009

this is for Kimberly.

Sometimes

a thing

just calls out your name.






I love old things.
I love flea markets.
I love seeing how creative people
take old things
and give them a new life.




When I saw this old thing
I could not walk away.

The green color 
is delicious.

I smoothed it down 
just a little
and rubbed it down
just a little.

And now it is waiting
in my garage
for 
you
Kimberly.

Waiting for you
to give it new life.

I know you will love it
and will find
a special place
for it to live.

And 
I can't wait 
to see
what you do with it.

When I first started
to clean it up
I started to suspect
that it was in such good shape
that it might not
even be old.

But then I noticed 
that the metal parts
are all rusty.
And the nails 
are square.

Square.

But the thing that called out my name
was
the
green
color.

I hope it makes you smile
when you see it.

I love you.

1 comment:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!