Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 31, 2009

Corbels



Just when you thought

you were through 

learning new words,

I have a new one for you.

Corbels.


Beautiful,
big,
heavy
cedar
corbels.







Here is the A Team installing
the corbels




These corbels are not made of anything
poly.

Nope, they are solid cedar
and they are 
heavy.




I hope Brian knows there is a sharp
pointy thing ready to catch him
if he loses his balance.








Here ,hiding in a very tiny space 
is ATeam Leader
installing the support brackets
that will hold this bad boy up.

It looks very crowded in there.





I dont know how he got his whole body in that little space.
Note leg sticking out of the  window!

ATeam leader is 6'7"
Hole is 6'5"
He didn't stay in there very long!






Here they are
all installed in their new home.

Looking very strong and important.

Like they are holding the whole roof up.

Actually, they aren't holding anything up.
They are just for looks.

Don't they look good?







Job well done, A-Team!


ps...I stained the corbels.

All 9 of them!  
Yeah team~!









1 comment:

  1. ooh i like the look of those. it's log cabin strong looking (without being log cabin looking). You are a staining maniac. when do you ever rest, queen bee?

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!