Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 3, 2009




I'm leavin
on a jet plane...
don't know 
when I'll be back again..



oops, that was a mistake.
we're actually gonna load up
a trailer
and go get some
composite decking
for 



the back porch.

be still my heart.

Emanuel and Antonio
are working hard
on the roof.

Preston has been working hard
on the stairway to the basement.

I am on my way out to
mow.

Isn't this the time of year when
things dry up 
and turn brown?
Parched and dry...
dormant?


Not this grass, vines, poison ivy
pretend blackberries, and honeysuckle!
No parching here. Just green green tall grass
all around.
And so I mow.

And then I'm

leavin on a jet plane,
don't know when I'll be back again!

Just kidding.  I like to be silly on Mondays.
It's August - the month I hate most
in all of the year.
So be gentle with me.
I'm trying to get August cancelled 
and I have decided to pitch this idea
to my congressman.
Just think how much money
we could save if we just
eliminated one month out of the year.
We could probably bring the deficit back under control.
Im surprised  chairman  O hasn't already thought of this.




It's just wrong. 
OK, I'm through ranting.
I'm off to Walmart for milk, coffee and a new box of crayons. (Before they are all gone, it being August and all.)
Welcome, August.

3 comments:

  1. you make me laugh out loud, literally. i used to hate august too, but then i finished school. now it's just another month during which i can enjoy the sun. what's so wrong with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE August too. I mean really despise. I have never been so hot in all my life. Any time i am not sitting right in front of an A/C (which is too often) I get sooo grouchy and desperate. Let's get rid of August!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!