Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 28, 2009

Lady in Waiting


Here she is

in all her nakedness.

The dresser on the left
is stripped of all her 

hinky-ness

and waiting for

the perfect white dress.

I mean paint.








Notice the depressed 

hinky- oak c-olored

sister
on the right

waiting for her turn.





She is orange with envy.





Don't worry little sister,

You too will have your day
in the sun.

You too will be shabby chic

When my fingers stop throbbing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!