Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stoned!


We picked up our stone on Friday.

Well,
the big machine picked up the stone...



Notice that Dad is wearing his ski jacket?

It was FREEZING COLD!
The last time we came here,
it was so blazing hot,
we couldn't stand to be out in the lot
looking at the rocks!

We had our paint sample board
and our cedar board with us this time,
so it was a lot easier to chose the right stone.
Amazingly, 
we each picked out the
same stone as our favorite one
and it was also one of the cheapest ones!

This is not normal for me.
I usually pick out the 
most expensive thing,
no matter what it is!

A pleasant change!


We ended up with three pallets,
plus some boxes ,
plus the pallet of corner pieces.

This is real natural stone,
but it is cut in thin slices,
thus the name
Thin Cut.

It's called Chopped Fieldstone
and is full of beautiful colors.
I'm all about the colors, you know.







Can't wait to see it 
up here.








You are going to love it!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your concern. :) All fine and well. Have fun catching up on my posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this stone! it's going to look great! um, why is it that i inherited the ability to inadvertantly pick out the most expensive thing (ANYthing) without even trying, every time? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!