Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall arrives at the rental...


Yesterday
I chose to let fall come
to my house.

I was reluctant
at first
because I love summer
and hate to see her go.

But I love fall too
and can't stop her from coming
so I thought 
I might as well
invite her into the house!


I opened the boxes 
and boxes
so lovingly packed by my two girls
last Thanksgiving.
I remembered 
decorating
the old 
new 
house.

But 
a new corner has been turned
and my in-between house
is crying out
for some fall.

so here are some 
of my old faithful 
fall friends.
 




It was kind of fun
finding new uses for theses old pretties...





















I have some new pretties to show you


tomorrow!

Welcome Fall!

3 comments:

  1. did you happen to notice how large your fall collection is? WELCOME FALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it really fall? i think we go straight from fall to winter here, and it sure doesn't seem in the mood to do that now. still dressing in as few layers as humanly and modestly possible. maybe if i dug out some fall decor it would feel more like fall? Your house looks very pretty and fall though! maybe if i can find that can of pumpkin i stashed after matt found it at the grocery store, and baked something cinnamony and pumpkin'y it would feel like fall!

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!