Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Letter


Yesterday I was digging
around in the craftroom
when I saw this letter
peeking out at me.

I think I kept it
where I might stumble upon it
from time to time.







I have a box of them stowed away somewhere
but just needed one
to look at now and then.

I love to see my Dad's 
handwriting.

He usually signed things
Love, Daddy.

He talks about his friend 
bringing him some
chicken and dumplings
and lemon pie.
And I remember how many friends 
he had, 
and how they looked after him
and 
cared for him
when I could not.

When I saw it there
yesterday
it was comforting.

This morning when I woke up
I thought of it again.

It made me think...
when was the last time
I wrote a letter?
or even a card?

Does anyone ever see my hand writing
anymore?

I type everything.
Sometimes I scribble
Love, Mom and Dad
on a card,
but that doesn't count.


We should all write 
something
to 
someone
today.


It's comforting.


3 comments:

  1. What a great post! That is such a good point. We type so much these days instead of handwritten notes.

    I'm going to have to keep that in mind. It is always nice to receive a handwritten note from someone.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's precious. Makes me want to dig out a card from my Grandma. You didn't mention the "new fancy underwear" in your post. I thought this was a family show!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post! I guess I haven't really thought about that lately, but it's so true. I type everthing pretty much except for signing cards. Hope you have a great weekend...
    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!