Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall comes to the Cedars




It has been so long
since I have shared any house news


so long.

It has been so dreary and dark and wet 
around here
that I could not even go out to the house
much less get any work done.

A few days ago,
the sun came out for a couple
of hours in the late afternoon
and I drove myself 
out there to bask 
in the loveliness.

I was so excited to be there 
I did a little
happy sunshine dance
and then took some pictures
to remember 
the day.
It was so lovely 
I didn't want it to end, 
but end it did.

The sun went down.






Since I am blog dislexic,
(and apparently can't spell either,)
I will show you some of the pictures
that I took before the sun went down...










While I was darting around
taking pictures and 
doing the happy sunshine dance,
my persistent husband
was busy at work
getting the front of the house
ready for stucco and stone.
He built the pillars out front
and let me tell you
it was not an easy task.
They turned out beautifullly

or ...
they are beautifully turned out.

anyway,
here 
they 
are.




Today I hope to start staining the
last of the cedar accent boards that will 
grace the front of the house before
stone will be applied.

Isn't she looking sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!