Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 1, 2009


I know that you all have been eagerly awaiting more pictures of this truck and it's crew working away at extracting earth from the building site.  Jim hopes to talk to the engineer tomorrow and hear his report on the stability of the  ground  way down under there.  See that big bare space right between me and the truck, where that giant dirt ball is sitting?  That's where the house will sit.  My job is to roll the dirt ball away. Back to that later.













Right now we are overly fascinated with how they jack the front of the truck up to keep it level while they are pounding away at that drill that is going 35 feet down to the center of the earth, or China or somewhere.  Here is the earth extractor with his earth sample collection tray.
Fascinating!  These small tubes of earth have become very important.  

Meanwhile we are poring over all of our notes, scribbles, drawings, photos, and think we have found our plan.  This plan is a combo of several different houses that we like and will be our own version when it is all done.  We hope to have all of our ideas ready to take to the architect this week so they can put it into a blueprint that the guys can build from.  This is harder than you might think.  I sure have learned a lot and have gained a new respect for Jim the Builder!    That guy can do it all!  

Joplin Home Show....film at 11:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!