Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Monday, March 30, 2009

catch up


Hello students!  Good Monday Morning/Afternoon/Evening to you all.  I have missed you all and hope you are ready to learn new and amazing things once again.  

Here you see the large wet hole that will be our basement.  The machines finished their work one week ago today and the rains started later that night.  It rained off and on all week, with a finale of ice and snow over the weekend.  Jim did a little trench digging to get some of the water drained off and today after some sun and wind, there was surprisingly little water left standing.  There is rain in the forecast for tonight, but if it doesnt happen, the basement team is ready to start putting in the concrete forms.

Today we met with the guy who will be doing the framing and we both feel good about him. Jim has talked with him several times, but today was the first time I got to meet him , and I feel good about him.  I got the sense that he knows what he is doing, is straightforward and honest and will do a good job.  His name is Preston.  I love that name and am sure that anyone named Preston  will do a good job.  

Last night, I dreamed that I had a big brown dog that I kept in the basement and his name was Brewster.  I would sneak him out from time to time and take him for rides in my car.  He would sit way back in the back and I would call him, and he would come up and stick his head between the front seats so I could pet him as we drove along.  Don't ask me what that has to do with house building, because I surely don't know.  Let's just say that taking a week off from blogging was very tiring, and I am glad to be back with all of you.  If a stray dog should happen to come by and adopt himself to us, I will name him Brewster.  If I write a blog asking you what was the name of that dog I dreamed about,you can comment and remind me, or submit your suggestions.  I think I am just remembering the Christmas Cat and Old Blue Eyes who never stuck around for me to love them.  I will probably get a stray coyote next...

Speaking of comments, I do not like this feeling of talking to a brick wall, so do not be blog stalkers!  If you are reading this, at least have the courage to say Hey!   I don't even care if you tell me this is a dumb old blog, just say so!




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!