Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Day of Rest


I'm tellin' you something that is true.
The Good Lord knew
what He was doing
when he set up
The Sabbath.

It felt good to do nothing yesterday.
We went to church.
We went to the deli.
We took a nap.
We watched a Lonesome Dove marathon.

We took a break to go look at these.





These are yuccas.

Yuccas up close
and personal.

I've never looked at one up close.
This is a different setting.
Doesn't the sky look dreamy?
I feel like a real photographer now
that I've found this setting.



Then we went home to watch the rest of
Lonesome Dove.
While we were gone
the gambler apparently
got himself hung.
Who knows what else we missed...

It was good to get home and watch
the conclusion.
I was a little disappointed at the ending.

I was expecting something a little more
than Tommy Lee Jones walking
over a bridge
looking very sad.
Oops, sorry to all of you who didn't see that.

I guess I wanted him to go back to Nebraska 
and live with the women folk.
I think I need to get Jim that DVD 
for Father's Day
so I/he can watch it
without ten million commercials.

And we can pause it if we need to go look at yuccas.
or Whatever.

Hope you had a restful nothing doing weekend.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!