Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Friday, July 16, 2010

The final push...




The next two weeks are going to be 
well, let's just say
F.U.L.L.

Granite.
Final finish on hardwoods.
Light fixtures.
Fans.
Paint touchups.
Final filling, sanding and painting on woodwork.
Closets.
Mirrors.
Carpet.
Cleaning.
Packing.
Packing.
Packing.

Tired yet?

Here are a few shots of the action
thus far....

lovely island.
this will be painted a dreamy creamy white
and frosted with a chocolate glaze.
yum.




waiting for the granite frosting.





Soothing bedroom jewelry going up.






I am happy to report that
the fireplace is finished,
just don't have a picture of her
in her finaly glory yet!
Isn't she grand?




This stonework is finished too.
I think someone is behind in
picture taking isn't she?




Guest bathroom.




Thethethethethethat's all folks!

I am supposed to be sanding as we speak
and if anyone asks,
you havn't seen me...

Yesterday as I was vacuuming the last
of the mortar mess from the fireplace stonework,
and wondering just how in the heck
we are going to get everything done
before move-in day..
I was inspired to compose a song.

I work with 2 and 3 year olds at church
so bear with me please...
this won't be performed 
by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir 
anytime soon!

Song.

When I'm havin a long day,
or I'm havin a hard day...
or I'm havin a sad day..
or I'm having a mad day..

I need to remember....
What it says in the Bible...
I need to remember
with Jesus by my side...

Oh!
I can do all things through
Christ who lives in me...
I can do all things through
Christ who lives in me.
Oh!
I can do all things through
Christ who lives in me

I need to remember that
I can do all things through
Christ who lives in me!

(Repeat all day)

This song has motions too, 
if you're not sanding,
or if other adults are not around....

Please pray...we need all the help we can get! 
Love 
me.





6 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. You are in the final stages, finally!! Looking so good. Love the fireplace! Can't wait to see more finished pictures. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UH-MAZ-ING! it is so rustic and refined all at the same time. i love it and can't wait to set foot inside in person! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I just discovered your blog today and I am so glad that I did. What a great idea for a blog! I love the photos and your kitchen looks like it is going to be STUNNING! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! MB,it looks GREAT!!! And you remembered your song! HOORAY!!!! I love you, Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, we are very helpful, we can come and help! really. it doesn't have to be all done for us, so please please don't stress. we can help you with whatever you need when we get there. . . don't stress, you're finally getting to the FUN PART!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting, beautiful, and love the island! Jackie

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!