Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Monday, November 2, 2009

Giddy!




It has been a wonderful 
sunny
warm 
Monday 
in November.


We have a whole week 
of sunny, warm, wonderfulness
in the forecast.

To celebrate this 
phenomenon...

we decided to 
go ahead
and let the
stone crew
lay stone.

I am not 
going to make you 
wait.

Here it is.






Here's how it all went down.

I mean up.


One man finished off the edges 
of the Dryvit.

One man worked on the porch 
doing something,
I'm not sure what.

And One man layed stone 
starting on the two sides of
the garage.





Here they are 
busily working away.





Eventually 
they all worked with the stone
but this very talented man
started out with the stone.

He is a craftsman.
He is the Stone Whisperer.






Sometimes, 
he teaches the others
how to work with the stone
and helps them.

He also makes venison chili.





They finished the left side of the garage front,
and most of the right side.

Tomorrow 
who knows what wonders
they will achieve!

Will they do the pillars?
Will they move over to the area
around Jim's office window?

Will they eat homemade venison chili for lunch 
again?

Will they offer me some?

Stay tuned.
Tomorrow could be an interesting day.

Today sure was!

3 comments:

  1. the stone whisperer? you crack me up. i love reading your posts! venison chili? is that any good? i wonder what people here would think of that. they don't have deer. or any big game actually. maybe if they had more to hunt they wouldn't shoot at each other so much. . . hmmmh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before and I maintain that you, MaryBeth, are a HOOT!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!