Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pumper Truck Action




Today the trucks came.

 And they came.
 And they came.


And Wieneke Contruction worked.
And they worked.
And they worked.



Today's quiz question:

Can you guess what the guy on the right is doing?




I couldn't figure it out for the longest time.
Then I gave up and asked Jim.
He is operating the long tube where the concrete comes out
by remote control.
I wonder if years and years of playing video games
gives you an edge on jobs like this.
He pretty much can control whether a job like this
goes well, 
or if the guy on the end of the tube ends up in the hole.



Here he is again.
I think he is having more fun than the other guys.


Here is  truck #1 pumping concrete into the pumper truck,
where the concrete goes into the long tube
and then it goes wherever the guy with the remote control sends it.

and truck #2  is waiting for his turn.
Truck #3 is getting a wash -down and heading back for more concrete,
 where he will probably see truck #4, because that's where truck #4 went.
They like to travel in packs like that.



This pretty much went on all afternoon.


Here is a shot I took,trying to be artistic with the long arm.
There's only so much you can do with a pumper truck, folks.




Here's Jim making sure that concrete goes where it is supposed to, and not
out on the ground. 
That stuff's not free, you know.

I see how my husband ignores caution signs. 
He likes to be in the middle of the action.






Here is where the real artwork begins.
And acrobatics.
These guys are strong.
And agile.




And brave.






and these guys would not look at the camera.
So I took a goofy picture of them talking anyway.
When I say smile , next time you'd better smile.
You hear me???







I do not know why that last bunch of letters came out different and were underlined
but it worked out for me,
cuz when I speak, I like to be  a different color and 
underlined.  Don't you?




On Monday the forms will be removed
and you will see real walls standing all on their own.
Doesn't that just send shivers down your back?
Stay tuned for more spine-tingling updates!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Mary Beth, I can't find an email address for you. You won my giveaway. Go to my blog and read the instructions in my winners post to contact me so that I can get your subscription set up!

    dgoddessblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know things have been happening out there. where is a new post?

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!