Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A little Linky Love



A Fresh New Year...


Ok, friends,
 you've had time to make some resolutions,
and  break them already.

Every year at the beginning
of the new, fresh, clean new year,
 I yearn for 
more 
self- discipline,
courage,
motivation,
direction,
yada, yada, yada.

I just thought you would be encouraged
by reading this blog entry 
by one of my favorite bloggers
over at Smelling Coffee.

I like how she breaks things down for you
into manageable bites.

One of the things I struggle with
is 
Laziness.

I get lots of things done,
but it is mostly in spurts and gushes.

When it comes down to the 
things that need to be done in a consistent
daily
over and over way,
like cooking,
cleaning
and 
spending quiet time with the Lord,
I am a lazy woman.







I can fritter time away like nobody's business.
So when I read the blog tonight,
I saw myself and had to rethink some of my goals for this new year.

I want to be more intentional,
and focused,
and disciplined.
Again.

I just wanted to share the blog with you,
in case you feel 
hopeless about yourself
like I do sometimes.


Head over and read for yourself....
you'll be glad you did!




Thankful for new beginnings...





how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!