Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Day at the Dump

Didn't I tell you that there was 
a lot of beauty to behold
on the way to the dump?

These lovely redbuds
were everywhere you looked
along that dusty county road.






We crammed that trailer as full as we could
with the scraps of sheetrock.

Of course, the whole time I was loading it up,
I was thinking....

What could I do with this stuff?

Isn't there some craft project
just calling out
for some nice smooth pieces
of scrap sheet rock?

Just look at all this waste!
I also wondered if there were treasures to be found out there in the vast dump...

I always read about wonderful finds
that people discover at the dump.

Not this dump.
Just plastic bottles
and more plastic bottles.

I will never drink from a plastic disposable water bottle again.
Promise.



This doesn't look like a very big load of trash,
but it cost us $84.00
to unload it there.
Which also made me a little testy.
Because the Hubster forgot his checkbook.
I just paid somebody to let me do this???
What is wrong with this picture?

I'm startin to get a 'tude, honey!



But hey,
Somebody's got to pay the guys who
runs these bad boys around, right?


All in all, it was pretty depressing to see
but Jim assured me that the
sheet rock scraps are actually good for the soil
because they contain a lot of lime
and the lime sweetens the soil.

And that soil needed some sweetening up!
Big time.

Holding your breath while unloading
all the sheetrock was no small feat!

On the way back I marveled at
God's hand in making
even the most
ordinary out of the way place
look stunning....

just for you and me.

Don't you love how He does that
everywhere you look?
I sure do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!