Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

DIY Faux....NOT!





I wish I could say that I have been doing some 
Faux Painting..

NOT!  

A few years ago,
I would have tackled this,
and lived with the results...

Now I have issues.
Arthritis.
Bad eyes.
Bad neck.
Hot flashes.
You get the picture.

Since this is the last new house 
that we will ever ever ever build,
Did I say LAST
new house that we will EVER  build,
we thought it would be fun
to add some little touches that we have never tried before.

Just in a few rooms.
Subtle...like...what IS that?
I just noticed that I used the word "we"
when actually,
"we" means Sue, the expert around here on 
Decorative Faux Treatments.

Here is the Dining Room. 
I promise there is  a faux treatment on these walls!



 These walls are painted with
Maple Leaf Red,
A Benjamin Moore color
that we had our Sherwin Williams store mix.
The next step was a brown glaze,
then a hint of metallic glaze.

I love it and can't wait to see it with
the Chandelier lights on!



Here is  Faux Painter Extraordinaire, Sue
doing the first step in Jim's office.
The base color is Kilm Beige,
another SW color.
First she applied a mocha toned layer,
then a thin plaster layer tinted with yet another brown...
She squeegied this off and pounced around with her rag,
let that dry over night,
and came back over all with a golden brown glaze.

Awesome!






Here she is working away in the breakfast nook.
The base color is Windsor Greige (SW)
and she is applying Rice Grain (SW)
and then taking some of it off.

It has a very soft, chalky look,
just enough to lighten it up from the rest of the kitchen.






Back to Jim's office.
This one took more time because of the various layers.
I don't have a picture of the finished walls,
but  maybe today I can get one.




I don't want to show you the master bedroom ceiling
until they get the crown moldings up in there.
Let me just say,
It looks awesome!

Yesterday the master of trim, stairs and moldings
arrived and started working his magic.

Stay tuned,
because I am headed out to take some shots of him at work!

Last night our VBS started
and I had 6 precious 2 and 3 year olds to play with.
During the day.
I'm cleaning several rentals that we are putting on the market to sell,
so my picture taking fun is pretty spotty right now...may have dig into the archives!

Things are happening fast around here ..
Think about it, in just a few short weeks

WE WILL BE LIVING AT THE CEDARS!!!!!

Ready or not....
Here we come!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I soooo wish i could just watch sue at work. i wish we still did apprenciceships like in the old days. i can think of several people i want to apprenctice from. so cool. can't wait to see it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What loveliness! I'm with Kellie. I want to learn too! Metallic...you didn't tell me about that part. Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be alarmed about the metallic look..you can hardly see it..just a little tiny shimmer!

    ReplyDelete

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my happy place. A place where I can share ideas, projects, and dreams. I am a nester, a crafter, a creator and a dreamer I hope you will find inspiration and encouragement for the journey you are on. I am a Jesus follower, wife, mother and nana. Blessed beyond measure, just trying to live my life gracefully and make a difference in my small world. Join me!